With the implementation of the government mandate requiring all public sector projects to use BIM (Building Information Modelling) level two and many developers and clients having already adopted BIM on their projects, manufacturers need to have a BIM content strategy.
This afternoon BIM for Manufacturers Seminar, jointly organised with BIM4M2 and the Construction Products Association, is designed for the manufacturer, both those with BIM and those considering its adoption. This event is suitable for both the technical and marketing person, it will provide a view to show what is required by client, architect and contractor and give impartial guidance on options for providing BIM content.
The event will cover:
- Welcome: Peter Caplehorn, Construction Products Association and Chris Witte, Chair BIM4M2 and Knauf Insulation
- What the 2016 deadline means for manufacturers?
- What the client wants from the manufacturers? – Andrew Digby, Ministry of Justice Estate Directorate
- Giving architects want they want: A digital market place for construction products and design – Neil Thompson and Kevin Lloyd, Balfour Beatty UK
- What the contractor wants from the manufacturer – Alex Lubbock, Carillion
- Options for providing BIM content – Alan Baikie, BIMobject
- Summing up and Q&A – Chris Witte, Chair BIM4M2 and Knauf Insulation.
Join us on twitter using the hashtag: #BIM4M2help
The Seminar will take place on 13th April 2016 at The Building Centre, 26 Store Street, London WC1E 7BT